Friday, March 23, 2018

Finishing even if it kills me

Dear Diary,
Natalie (my assistant) and I were having a fascinating conversation earlier about the perceived equality and inequality of men and women. It’s an interesting topic, especially when you factor in things like religion and feminism, and if I weren’t so busy I would detail much of that conversation here, but…
See, I have this book I’m working on.
One that I thought I was completely finished with.
I know earlier I wrote that I had finished the rough draft of Interview With A Werewolf, but then my creative side struck and there was more I wanted to add to, you know, flush out the story a bit. So I’ve spent more hours than I care to publicly admit doing just that, and by Monday I plan on having this story completely finished.
Even if it kills me.
I’m pretty sure I’ll pull this off because I have a schedule laid out that includes a ridiculous amount of writing time, peppered with girlfriend time and social media… socializing. Afterward, I’m jumping on the revision for the first book in the Nephilim series – Nephilim: Daybreak – so I can start Nephilim: Prisoner. I’m not stopping until this entire series is complete.
(Yoda voice) Super-pumped, I am.
For now, however? A long, hot bath, something I generally don’t do during the week.
After I get out?
More writing.
And more socializing with you guys on social media.
Cause I love you.
Siempre…
#Alexa

“Sex is biological, but gender is mental.”
– Kehlani

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m a writing beast! Except when I’m not…

Dear Diary, I learned a long time ago that the thing you love most can kill you if you let it. Back when I first started writing, I didn’t t...