Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Preparing to go to prison…

Dear Diary,
I’ve been a completely irresponsible author as of late: going to clubs, crashing at various friends’ houses, letting exes (OK, ex – Rebecca) into my bed again, partying like I did when I was half my age, getting 40-slapped by Anne (😳), and drinking far more than I should be. And that was only Saturday. 😅
So many memories.
Of course, there is a reason I did all this: because I know that when I finally sit down and start the next book in my Nephilim series, my social life is going to evaporate. I’m going to be locked in my room, hunkered down at the computer, and killing anyone who dares to invade my sanctum. I do this with all my serious works (Amore: A Love StoryGirl FightInterview With A Werewolf, etc.), and before I did it with this one, I wanted to get all the partying and irresponsibility out of my system.
And I did.
For the most part.
This came at a price, however: my sleep schedule is completely screwed up, and it’s going to take days to recalibrate it.
So worth it though. ✊
Anne and I even celebrated by going to one last place and just hanging out before my creative prison sentence begins: the library. It was nice, and definitely a switch of pace. I haven’t been in forever, and the feeling of being surrounded by actual books was nostalgic and reenergizing. I even held a few. 😳
Thank you so much for peeking into my world; the next entry you read will be from the solitude of my writing cave as I feverishly bleed out my latest Nephilim book.
I can’t wait…
#Alexa

“Some things are better than sex, and some are worse, but there’s nothing exactly like it.”
– W. C. Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m a writing beast! Except when I’m not…

Dear Diary, I learned a long time ago that the thing you love most can kill you if you let it. Back when I first started writing, I didn’t t...